HSE Services in Michigan
About our Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Services
Sixth Sense Safety Solutions is headquartered in Michigan and is pleased to provide a broad range of services to organizations within the State and elsewhere.
Michigan operates its own OSHA program, often referred to as MIOSHA, which is part of the Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity. Michigan also is delegated authority for many environmental related topics, although some environmental issues are regulated through the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Michigan’s environmental regulations and programs are administered by the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE).
Many of the State’s regulations are the same as for the Federal regulations, although not always. There can be important differences. Note also that when the Federal government makes changes to OSHA or EPA regulations, there can often be a lag time before implementation in the State due to internal State reviews and procedures. State programs can be more rigorous than Federal programs.
We are able to help you by assessing your particular situation and offer you guidance on compliance as well as best practice issues, in order to achieve a balanced and integrated approach to safety and environmental issues. Your HSE consultant will provide you with tailored assistance based upon your specific needs. We can guide you there.
Information on just a few of the specific issues we can help you with are available through the section and links below. Please also see the links contained on other pages as well as our free articles, blog posts and recorded webinars.
More on the workplace health & safety services we offer:
- Organizational Assessment, Safety Culture Change, Assistance in Implementing the Latest and Best Systems Safety Concepts
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System Assistance and Development (For example, ASSE/ANSI Z10, ISO 45001). Learn More »
- Environmental Management System Assistance and Development (ISO 14001:2015)
- Industrial Hygiene Services (see “Site Assessments/Surveys”); air and noise sampling. Learn More »
- Process modeling, analysis of total program costs, cost determination and reduction
- Programs to help ensure organizational compliance (auditing, assurance, reporting, review)
- Lone Worker Safety Assessment and Program Development. Learn More »
- Training & Workshops (please click on link at left)
- Written Program Development
Sixth Sense Safety Solutions can be hired on retainer for industrial hygiene and occupational health, safety and environmental compliance and best practice consulting services, or on a special-project basis. For more information, contact us today at 989-474-9303 or via email at .